Friday, March 19, 2010

Thrifting

A hah
we call bangs a fringe

So Yesterday I went to the salvos
I usually go to vinnies but I have been on the hunt for Golden Books ever since Megans post about bornagainbooks. And I hit the jackpot they had a pile of about 15, but of course I cant bear to cut them up and rebind them for the sake of it so into Amelias room they go hiho.
So I popped in there for 5 mins no handbag or anything and low and behold they were having a one dollar summer stock sale ready to change over to winter gear on Monday. Well that was it, it was like christmas. I got a few things for Amelia to wear and more than a few things to create a dress ups box for her. 4 belts, 2 handbags, a pair of sandals, a robe, a skirt, 2 pairs of pants, a few pants, a couple pretty evening tops, a handful of tanks and more than half a dozen tees. Then I had to go to the bank to get some money ;)))
Oh and two pottery jugs and a brand new teapot to use as a gift. Its plain white and I am dying to splurge on another and take to it with some blue nail polish so it matches my kitchen/dining. Some pretty flowers I think. I am just not sure if that would actually work.
So m off to get a couple more loads through before the cinema

Enjoy the sunny weather

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joining my giveaway! And for your suggestions. I haven't actually seen Lost In Austen but I might have to check it out sometime.

    I wish I was better at thrifting. I love Little Golden Books and thinking about starting a collection (I was so bummed I gave away my collection a few years ago)

    And a dress up box sounds really lovely :)

    ReplyDelete